Hobo Foil Packets
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Shellfish-Free
Hobo Foil Packets are great for camping and are an easy grilling option. Hobo Foil Packets are a medley of seasoned ground beef, potatoes, corn, carrots, sweet onion, and vegan shredded cheese.
- 2 lbs. ground beef
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. dried minced onions
1/2 lb. baby potatoes, sliced in half then into 1/4 inch half moons
4-5 carrots, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
1 sweet onion, diced
1-2 cups fresh corn
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
3 tbsp. buttery spread
4 oz. Daiya shredded Mozzarella cheese
4 oz. Daiya shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Cut foil in 18 inch sheets. Layer 2 sheets on top of each other.
2. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, Worcestershire, and dried minced onions. Mix until well combined.
3. Spread the meat into a rectangle shape on foil.
4. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, carrots, onion, and corn. Drizzle with half the olive oil and sprinkle half the Italian Seasoning. Toss to coat. Add other half of the olive oil and other half of the Italian Seasoning. Toss to coat.
5. Divide vegetables into 2 packets. Top each packet with 1 tbsp. buttery spread.
6. Fold foil over and seal packets.
7. Fire up the grill and place packets on grill. Cook for 15 minutes, turn, cook for 15 minutes, turn, and cook for 15 minutes.
8. Remove packets from grill. Carefully unwrap foil packets. Steam will be hot. Stir the packets and break up the meat so everything is medlied together.
9. In a small bowl. combine shreds and mix. Sprinkle cheese over packets. Toss to combine.
10. Carefully, re-wrap the foil packets. It doesn't have to be perfect. Return to the grill for 5-10 minutes to melt the cheese. Keep the foil packets upright as they may not re-wrap perfectly and you don't want to spill your meal!
11. Serve and season with salt and pepper as desired.