Hearty Butternut Squash Soup
This butternut squash soup is one of the heartiest recipes you will find with both ham and bacon! A quick and easy recipe perfect for fall.
- 6 cups chicken broth
2 lb. butternut squash
1 tsp. thyme
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
3 medium carrots, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 can corn
1 can great northern beans
1 lb. cubed ham
1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
Salt and pepper
1. Peel and dice the squash into 1 inch cubes.
2. In a large soup pot, combine the broth, squash, thyme, and garlic. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, dice the onion, celery, carrots, and red pepper. Sauté until tender. Add minced garlic cloves for the last 1-2 minutes.
4. Remove the squash mixture from heat and let cool. Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender. Returned pureed butternut squash to soup pot.
5. Add the sautéed vegetables, corn, great northern beans, and cubed ham to pot. Simmer on low for 10-20 minutes until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Top with cooked and crumbled bacon.