Hawaiian Steak Kabobs
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free
4 1/2 hours
Hawaiian Steak Kabobs are made of marinated sirloin steak, bell peppers, red onion, and pineapple. A fantastic grilling recipe for summer!
- Marinade Ingredients
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup pineapple juice
3 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. sesame oil
½ tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. ground pepper
¼ cup cold water
1 tbsp. corn starch
3lb. top sirloin steak or New York Strip (lean, not fatty steak)
3-4 bell peppers, cut into ¾ inch pieces
1 large red onion
2 cup pineapple chunks
1-2 tbsp. Olive oil
1-2 cups long-grain rice, cooked
1. To make the marinade, whisk soy sauce, pineapple juice, honey, sesame oil, garlic powder, ground ginger, salt, and pepper in a small sauce pan. Bring to simmer.
2. Meanwhile, whisk the cold water and corn starch until well combined. Slowly pour the cornstarch mixture into the marinade. Whish together. Simmer for 3-4 minutes until marinade thickens. Divide the marinade in half.
3. Dice the steak into 3/4 inch pieces. Place diced chicken in large bowl or large zip-lock bag. Add half of the marinade to the bowl/bag. Marinade in the refrigerator for 1-4 hours.
4. Dice the peppers, onion, and pineapple into 3/4 inch chucks.
5. To thread the skewers, alternate peppers, steak, red onion, and pineapple. Brush olive oil over vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Place kabobs on grill over medium heat. Grill for 3 minutes, flip and baste with remaining marinade, grill for 3 minutes, flip and baste with remaining marinade, and grill for a final 2-3 minutes.
7. Serve kabobs over rice.