Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Shellfish-Free
Hawaiian Chicken is baked chicken covered in a sweet and savory Hawaiian-style barbeque sauce.
- 3 lbs. chicken thighs and/or drumsticks
1/4 cup soy sauce or liquid amino acids
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup pineapple juice
2 tsp. ginger, grated
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1. Except for the chicken, combine all the ingredients in bowl. Whisk until combined.
2. Place chicken in bag and pour marinade. Toss to coat chicken. Let the chicken marinade in the refrigerator for 2 hours, flipping halfway.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
4. Drain marinade into a bowl. In a cast iron or oven proof skillet, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil. Add chicken and sear for 3-5 minutes, flip, and sear the other side.
5. Transfer cast iron or skillet to oven. Cook for 25 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Carefully, return skillet to stove.
6. Add marinade to pan. Cook for another 5 minutes, turning chicken halfway.
7. Top with green onions and serve with rice.