Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Gluten-Free
Homemade hash browns made in a cast iron pan are the best way to make crunchy hash browns at home. A wonderfully simple recipe to prepare. Make them as crunchy as you like.
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled
2 tbsp. buttery spread
2 tbsp. olive oil
Salt & pepper
Pinch of cayenne
1. Grate the potatoes into a large bowl. Soak grated potatoes in cold water. Stir until water is cloudy, drain, and cover again with fresh cold water. Stir again, drain potatoes, and pat dry with paper towel.
2. In a large cast iron pan, heat 2 tbsp. buttery spread and 2 tbsp. olive oil.
3. Season grated potatoes with salt, pepper, and a pinch of cayenne.
4. Spoon potatoes into cast iron. Pat down and compact with spatula. Coat for 5 minutes until crust starts to form, flip, and cook for another 5 minutes.