Ham & Apple Breakfast Hash
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
A delicious, healthy hash to start your day! Ham & Apple Breakfast Hash is a tasty combination of apples, ham, potatoes, bacon, and seasonings. Make extras, you'll enjoy the leftovers during the week.
- 3 cups gold potatoes, diced
1 white/yellow onion, diced
1 cup apples, diced
1 tbsp. fresh thyme
2 tbsp. minced garlic
3/4 tsp. cayenne
2 cups ham, diced
1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
Salt and pepper
1. In a large skillet, cook the bacon. Remove cooked bacon and place on paper towel to drain excess grease. Reserve 1 tbsp. of grease from the pan.
2. Meanwhile, dice the potatoes and ham into small cubes. Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tbsp. buttery spread to the 1 tbsp. bacon grease. Add the potatoes and onions. Cook over high heat to start browning the potatoes, about 15 minutes.
4. Add the minced garlic, thyme, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Add the ham, minced bacon, and apple. Cook until hash is tender yet crispy!