Grilled Summer Salsa
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Grilled Summer Salsa is made of corn, tomatoes, black beans, red onion, red pepper, and jalapenos. A great recipe to make with fresh tomatoes, peppers, and corn!
- 4 ears corn
2 pints cherry tomatoes or equivalent
1 can black beans
1 red onion
1 red pepper
2 limes, juiced
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
Salt & pepper
1 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Soak the corn in water for 1-2 hours.
2. Fire up the grill. Grill the corn over direct heat with the husk on. Cook for 10 minutes, turning often. Remove and let cool.
3. Grill the red onion in skin, red pepper, and jalapenos for 10 minutes, turning often.
4. Meanwhile, you can dice the tomatoes and place in large bowl. Add the black beans.
5. Once the grilled veggies have cooled, cut the corn off the cob and dice the red onion, red pepper, and jalapenos. Combine all in large bowl.
6. Add olive oil, the lime juice, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If you'd like, add 1 tsp. red pepper flakes.
7. Serve with tortilla chips.