Green Bean Casserole
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
A Thanksgiving classic recipe, green bean casserole consists of green beans, onion, and mushrooms in a creamy sauce topped with crispy French Fried Onions.
- 1 lb. green beans
1 medium onion
8 oz mushrooms
2 garlic cloves
¼ cup flour
3 cups allowed milk
6 tbsp. buttery spread
French fried onions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook green beans in boiling water until bright green, about 6 minutes.
3. Melt 2 tbsp. buttery spread in skillet. Sauté onions and mushrooms until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to bowl with beans.
4. In the same skillet, melt 4 tbsp. buttery spread. Whisk in flour and cook until golden, about 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in allowed milk and season with salt and pepper. Bring to simmer and cook until thickened, about 4 minutes.
5. Add the green beans mixture and toss until evenly combined.
6. Bake for 30 Minutes.
7. Top with fried onions and bake 5 minutes more.