Glazed Lemon Cookies
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
~ 24 cookies
If you love lemon, you will love these cookies. One of our go-to Christmas cookie recipes! These homemade lemon cookies are made with real lemon, no extracts!
- Lemon Cookies
1 1/3 cup unsalted butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. grated lemon peel
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups flour
¼ cup sugar (separate from batter)
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tbsp. lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar until crumbly. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla. Mix to light and fluffy.
3. Gradually add in flour and mix well.
4. Shape into 1-inch balls. Please 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
5. In a small dish, add sugar. Coat the bottom of a shot class with cooking spray; dip in sugar. Flatten cookies with glass, recoating with sugar as needed.
6. Bake for 11-13 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
7. For the glaze, combine 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 tbsp. lemon juice. Mix and more lemon juice as needed. Drizzle over cookies.