Garlic Herb Pasta with Chicken Meatballs
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
A delicious twist on your standard spaghetti dish. This recipe calls for chicken meatballs and a fresh herb sauce that is sure to leave you satisfied.
- Meatball Ingredients
1 lb. ground chicken
1 egg replacer equivalent
½ cup breadcrumbs
½ cup vegan Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp. olive oil
½ tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
8 oz. vermicelli, angel hair, or spaghetti noodles
1/2 cup vegan buttery spread
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. lemon zest
3/4 cup spinach, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup parsley, coarsely chopped
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup vegan Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup reserved pasta water
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Make meatballs. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients (i.e. ground chicken, egg replacer, breadcrumbs, vegan Parmesan, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, & pepper). Mix well.
3. Roll meatballs into 1 inch balls. Place on a cookie sheet with foil and cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway.
4. Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions. Drain pasta and reserve 1/4 cup pasta water.
5. Melt vegan buttery spread in skillet. Sauté garlic and lemon zest for 3 minutes or so. Add spinach and parsley. Cooked until greens are wilted.
6. In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, cooked meatballs, and lemon garlic mixture. Toss well. Top with 2 tbsp. lemon juice, 1/2 cup vegan Parmesan cheese, and 1/4 cup reserved pasta water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
*** Pasta water is optional but it helps loosen the pasta.