Frosted Vanilla Sugar Cookies
Dairy-Free, Fish-Free, Nut-Free, Peanut-Free, Shellfish-Free
Frosted Vanilla Sugar Cookies are one of our classic go-to cookie recipes. Versatile and great for any occasion, simply select the right cookie cutter and decorate accordingly!
- Cookie Ingredients
1 ½ cup unsalted butter
1 ½ cup sugar
4 tsp. vanilla extract
4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tarter
1 tsp. salt
6 tbsp. unsalted butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tbs. vanilla extract
2-3 tbsp. water
Food coloring if desired
1. In a mixing bowl, cream unsalted butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs. Whisk together.
2. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture. Mix until combined, but do not over mix.
3. Roll dough into a ball, cover in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough so that it is 1/4 inch thick. Use cookie cutters and cut out cookies. Transfer to an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Remove from pan and let cool on wire ranks.
6. To make the frosting, cream the unsalted butter, mix in powdered sugar, and vanilla. Add 1 tbsp. of water at a time until desired consistency is reached. Frost the cookies! Feel free to add food coloring to the frosting.