Fried Southern Shrimp
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free
A southern twist on deep-fried shrimp! The homemade buttermilk and Ole Bay seasoning provides the southern twist and creates a crispy, tasty breading.
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup almond milk
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 cups flour
1 ½ tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
4 cups vegetable oil
1. Pour almond milk in bowl and add 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar. Let rest for 5 minutes.
2. Mix flour and Old Bay seasoning together in a bowl.
3. Dip shrimp in buttermilk and dredge in flour mixture. Shake off excess flour and place on a lined baking sheet.
4. Preheat oil in deep fryer to 350 degrees.
5. Fry shrimp a few at a time, 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove to a paper towel lined wire rack over a baking sheet to drain.