Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
French toast that is not only dairy-free but also egg-free, a vegan's dream come true!
- 1 cup almond milk
2 tbsp. flour
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
6 slices of bread
Vegan buttery spread and/or coconut oil
1. In a shallow bowl, combine almond milk, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Mix until there are very few lumps.
2. Heat a skillet with 1 tbsp. vegan buttery spread and/or coconut oil.
3. Dip the bread into the almond milk mixture. Then, flip and coat the other side. Let drip a little bit then place on a hot skillet.
4. Cook for 3-5 minutes until you are able to flip it with a spatula. Cook for another 2-5 minutes until both sides are golden brown. Place 2-3 slices on the skillet at a time. Don't overcrowd the skillet. Repeat as many times as needed.
5. Serve with maple syrup and your favorite fruit!
***If you use coconut oil, watch it carefully!