French Toast Rollups
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
French Toast Rollups are a yummy breakfast treat - French toast with sausage inside.
- 10 slices sandwich bread
1 box sausage links
½ cup almond milk
3 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1-3 tbsp. vegan buttery spread
1. Using a rolling pin or soda can, carefully roll the sandwich bread flat. Cut off the crusts.
2. Place one sausage link on the edge of each bread slice and tightly roll up.
3. In a shallow bowl, combine the almond milk, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
4. Heat 1 tbsp. vegan buttery spread in skillet.
5. After making sure the bread is tightly rolled. Dip each roll up into the almond milk mixture and then place on hot skillet. Be careful not to overcrowd the pan.
6. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Turn and repeat. To get each side crispy, you will likely flip 2-3 times to cook 3-4 sides evenly.
7. Serve with maple syrup and enjoy!