Crunchy Potato Bites
Dairy-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Here is the recipe if you love potatoes but want to try a new variation. Crunchy Potato Bites are made of mashed potatoes, ham, creamy cheeses, and spices all rolled in crunchy cornflakes. A delicious appetizer, side dish or just a special treat for the kids.
- 2 cups homemade mashed potatoes
2 cups ham, diced
1 cup vegan shredded Cheddar shreds
1 small white onion, diced
1/4 cup almond milk
1 egg or egg substitute
1 tsp. yellow mustard
3 cups cornflakes, crushed
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/3 cup honey
2 tbsp. vegan cream cheese
1. Crush cornflakes and place in shallow bowl.
2. In a medium bowl. combine mashed potatoes, ham, cheddar cheese shreds, onion, almond milk, egg, and yellow mustard. Mix until combined.
3. Shape into 1-inch balls and coat in crushed cornflakes. Place on greased, foil-lined baking sheets.
4. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until golden brown.
6. Meanwhile, for the sauce, combine Dijon mustard, honey, and vegan cream cheese in a small bowl. Stir until combined. Serve crunchy potato bites with sauce.