Crispy Crown Hash
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Soy-Free
Crispy Crown Hash is an easy breakfast casserole made of tater tots, ham, onion, and cheese. Crispy, delicious, guaranteed to have your mouth watering for this breakfast recipe!
- 1/2 bag crispy crowns
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. vegan buttery spread
1 white/yellow onion diced
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. cayenne
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 ham steak, diced into small pieces
Vegan Cheddar and Mozzarella Cheese
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add half of a bag of crispy crowns - using half the bag works well in a 12" pan to avoiding overcrowding. Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes, until crispy crowns start to defrost and brown.
2. Meanwhile, dice the onion. Remove the cover, add 1 tbsp. vegan buttery spread and diced onions. Cook on medium high for another 10 minutes, flipping occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, dice the ham. Heat another pan over medium heat and cook the diced ham for 5 minutes. Drain the water and then add the ham to the hash.
4. Cook the potatoes, onions, and ham for 5 minutes. Season with garlic, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Taste test to see if you want to add more seasoning.
5. Top with a mix of vegan cheddar and mozzarella shreds. Cook for another few minutes until cheese has melted.
6. Serve. Feel free to add your favorite hot sauce!