Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup is packed with chicken, wild rice, carrots, celery, and onion.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
2-3 lbs. chicken breast
4 tbsp. buttery spread (separated)
2 cups carrots, diced
1 onion, diced
1 1/2 cup celery, diced
4 oz. mushrooms
1/4 cup flour
2 cups almond milk
8 cups chicken broth
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. thyme
1 cup wild rice
1/2 lb. bacon
1. Cook wild rice according to package instructions.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add chicken and cook until cooked through. Remove chicken and let cool. Once cooled, shred with a fork.
3. Add 2 tbsp. buttery spread to the skillet followed by carrots, onion, celery, and mushrooms. Sauté until onion is translucent.
4. Add another 2 tbsp. buttery spread along with the flour. Cook for about 2 minutes until golden brown.
5. Slowly add in the almond milk about 1/3 of a cup at a time. Stir to incorporate and then add more almond milk.
6. Transfer this mixture to a soup pot. Add chicken broth, chicken, and seasonings. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
7. To serve, add rice to bowl, soup, and top with crumbled bacon.