Creamy Parmesan Orzo
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
A deliciously creamy side dish with spinach, onion, garlic, and orzo. You might just want to double up on this recipe to guarantee leftovers!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. vegan buttery spread
1 white/yellow onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 box orzo
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups almond milk
1 1/2 cups spinach, chopped and packed
1 cup vegan Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil and vegan buttery spread. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add minced garlic cloves and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
2. Add orzo, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 3-5 minutes until orzo starts to brown, stirring occassionally.
3. Add almond milk and chicken broth. Bring to boil.
4. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until almost all of the water is absorbed and pasta is al dente.
5. Add vegan Parmesan cheese and spinach. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until the spinach has wilted and vegan Parmesan cheese melts.
6. Stir to combine. Taste test and season with additional salt and pepper as needed.