Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta is a delicious combination of pasta, Italian sausage, mushrooms, and onions coated in a light, creamy sauce.
- 1 box Rigatoni
6-8 Italian Sausage links, cooked and sliced
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 white onion, diced
4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp. buttery spread
2 tbsp. flour
2 cups almond milk
1/2 cup vegan Parmesan
1. Cook Rigatoni according to package instructions until al dente.
2. In a large skillet, cook Italian Sausage links until cooked through. Remove from heat and let cool then slice.
3. In the same skillet, add 1 tbsp. buttery spread. Add diced white onion and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes or so until the onion is translucent.
4. Add minced garlic and cook for another 1 minute.
5. Add 2 tbsp. buttery spread and 2 tbsp. flour. Mix to combine and cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
6. Slowly add in the almond milk, stirring constantly to create a sauce. Add vegan Parmesan cheese.
7. Add cooked Rigatoni and Italian Sausage slices. Cook for 1-2 minutes until warm.
8. Serve with extra vegan Parmesan cheese on top.