Creamy Garlic & Onion Meatballs
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Creamy Garlic & Onion Meatballs are made of chicken meatballs lathered in a creamy garlic and onion white sauce. These incredibly versatile meatballs can be used as an appetizer when rolled smaller or a main course when rolled larger. Serve warm with noodles. Great when served as a hot or cold sandwich.
- Meatball Ingredients
1 lb. ground chicken
½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
½ cup vegan Parmesan
2 tbsp. olive oil
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
2 tbsp. vegan buttery spread
1 white or sweet onion, sliced
2 tbsp. garlic, minced
2 tbsp. flour
¼ tsp. pepper
2 cups Almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine ground chicken, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined.
3. Roll into 1-inch meatballs. Place on foiled-line baking sheet that has been coated with cooking spray.
4. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
5. In a medium to large skillet, add 2 tbsp. buttery spread and sliced onion. Cook for 8-10 minutes, add garlic cloves, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
6. Add 2 tbsp. flour to onion-garlic mixture and cook for another 1 minute,
7. Stir in almond milk. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Pour sauce over meatballs and toss to coat. For parties, heat on low in crock pot and keep warm accordingly.