Creamy Chicken Rice Soup
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Creamy Chicken Rice Soup is a delicious, creamy combination of chicken, carrots, celery, onion, and rice.
- 3 tbsp. vegan buttery spread
2-3 carrots, diced
2-3 celery stalks, diced
1 white onion, diced
2-3 garlic cloves minced
3 tbsp. flour
3 cups almond milk
5 cups chicken broth
2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. basil
1 cup jasmine rice, cooked
1. In a large skillet or cast iron pan, heat buttery spread. Add carrots, celery, and onion. Sauté until tender. Add minced garlic and cook another minute.
2. Stir in flour to create a roux. Cook for 2 minutes until flour is golden. Slowly add in almond milk. Mix until combined. Transfer mixture to large soup pot.
3. Add chicken broth, chicken, pepper, and basil. Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cook the rice separately according to package instructions.
5. If you are meal prepping, store the soup separately from the rice. When its time to serve, reheat the soup until it starts to boil. Add the rice. Stir and serve.