Creamy Chicken and Orzo
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Nut-Free
A simple dish consisting of freshly cut celery, carrots, onion, and garlic. This Creamy Chicken and Orzo makes for a filling and tasty dinner. Makes for great leftovers!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, diced
3 celery stalks, diced
3 large carrots, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
6 cups chicken broth
3 lbs. chicken thighs
1 lb. orzo
1 tbsp. parsley, minced
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in large skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, flip, and cook for another 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Using the same skillet and 1 tbsp. olive oil. Add diced onion, celery, and carrots. Sauté about 7 minutes, until onions are translucent.
3. Add minced garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes. Transfer sautéed vegetables to a large 6 qt. soup pot.
4. Once chicken is cooked, dice or shred the chicken.
5. Add the diced/shredded chicken to the pot along with the orzo.
6. Bring to boil. Then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes until almost all the liquid is absorbed.
7. Remove the cover. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Serve and top with parsley!