Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Inspired by Olive Garden, this copycat Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup has become a regular go-to soup for our household in Fall and Winter. You just can't beat that rich, creamy, loaded with flavor soup warming you up on a cold day!
- Vegan buttery spread
1 1/2 cup white onion, diced
1 cup celery, diced
1 1/2 cup shredded carrots
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup flour
3 cups almond milk
3 cups chicken broth
2 tsp. fresh thyme
1 ½ cup fresh spinach
1 rotisserie chicken
2 16 oz. packages potato gnocchi
Salt and pepper
1. In a large skillet, heat vegan buttery spread and olive oil. Sauté carrots, celery, and onion for 7-8 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
2. Add the flour to create a roux, add another 2 tbsp. vegan buttery spread, and cook for one minute.
3. Slowly add almond milk to skillet. Stir to blend to form a creamy mixture.
4. Transfer almond milk to large 4 quart soup pot. Add chicken broth, thyme, spinach, and chicken. Stir to combine. Bring to boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
5. Add gnocchi. Cook for 2 minutes until gnocchi is done.
6. Salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve and top with vegan Parmesan cheese.