Creamy Chicken and Rice
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Gluten-Free
A simple, inexpensive, comfort food recipe! Creamy chicken rice with chicken, rice, celery, carrots, and onions is the perfect cozy recipe for cold Wisconsin nights.
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced into bite-size pieces (1 inch or less)
4 tbsp. olive oil
1 white/yellow onion, diced
4 carrots, peeled and diced
3 celery stalks, diced
1 tbsp. garlic minced
1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup vegan Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Place diced chicken into pan. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 10 minutes until cooked through.
3. While the chicken is cooking, dice the carrots, celery, and onion then mince the garlic.
4. Remove chicken from skillet and place into 3+ quart pot.
5. Using the same skillet, add diced carrots, celery, and onion. Sauté for 5-7 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes.
6. Add chicken broth to skillet. Scrape up any browned bits from the pan. Transfer mixture to large pot with the chicken.
7. Stir in rice. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for another 15-20 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve with vegan Parmesan cheese.