Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Shellfish-Free, Fish-Free
This bronco belly bustin' burger will leave you full and satisfied if you're up for the challenge. A great way to shake things up from the normal burger. The Cowboy Burger is a delicious combination of burger, barbecue sauce, onion rings, and cheese.
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 cup almond milk
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 sweet onion
3-5 cups vegetable oil
2 lbs. ground beef
4 slices vegan cheddar cheese
4 burger buns
½ cup BBQ sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook bacon. Use a cookie sheet covered in foil. Lay 1/2 lb. of bacon on cookie sheet. Cook for 8 minutes, flip, and cook for another 8 minutes. Let cool on paper towel to drain the grease. Repeat with remaining 1/2 lb.
3. Slice sweet onion in 1/8 to 1/4 inch slices (depending on how thick you like your onion rings).
4. Prepare buttermilk by combining 1 cup almond milk and 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar. Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
5. Combine flour, cayenne, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix until combined.
6. Preheat oil in deep fryer. Coat onion rings in flour, then buttermilk, then flour. Fry until golden brown, approximately 2 minutes. Set to cool on a paper towel (preferably on a grate over a cookie sheet to drain best).
7. Form burger patties into 3/4 inch patties. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Grill burger patties for 2 minutes then flip and top with cheddar slice. Grill for another 4 minutes until cheese is melted.
9. (Optional) Spread vegan buttery spread on buns and grill buns until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
10. Make your burger. Place a patty on the bottom bun, top with bacon, onion rings, and barbecue sauce.