Country Breakfast Bake
Dairy-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
The Country Breakfast Bake is a combination of seasoned potatoes, breakfast sausage, sauteed onions, and red pepper, eggs, vegan cheddar cheese, and bacon. It is a fantastic breakfast to make ahead on the weekend and simply warm up during the week.
- 1-2 lbs. gold potatoes
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 white onion
1 bell pepper
2 tbsp. buttery spread
1 cup vegan shredded cheese
1 lb. sausage
1 lb. bacon (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash the potatoes and cut into cubes - cut the potato lengthwise then in half again then dice in 1/4 inch cubes.
3. In a large bowl, add the diced potatoes, olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat then transfer to 2 baking sheets lined with foil.
4. Roast the potatoes for 20 minutes, flip, and roast for another 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
5. While the potatoes are cooking, you can cook the bacon on the stove or in the oven.
6. Meanwhile, cook the sausage in a large skillet/cast iron pan over medium heat until cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside in bowl.
7. Using the same skillet with the leftover grease, add the diced onions and bell peppers. Sauté for 7-8 minutes until onions are translucent. Remove from pan and set aside in individual bowl.
8. While the onions and red peppers are sautéing, crack the eggs into a large bowl, add a little salt and pepper, and whisk the eggs.
9. Add 2 tbsp. buttery spread to skillet. Pour in the eggs until mostly cooked.
10. To prepare the breakfast bake, layer the seasoned potatoes, onions and bell pepper, egg, sausage, cheddar cheese, and bacon.
11. To prepare immediately, cook for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and the breakfast bake is heated through. For meal prep, chill the breakfast bake in the refrigerator and then freeze. The bake will last about 3 days in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer.
12. For meal prep, pull the breakfast bake from the freezer the night before and let defrost in the refrigerator over night. Once defrosted, cook at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.