Corned Beef Creamy Shells
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Creamy, hearty, and satisfying. Corned Beef Creamy Shells is a unique twist on a classic mac 'n cheese casserole with the addition of corned beef.
- 1 white onion, diced
2 tbsp. buttery spread
1 tbsp. flour
2 cups almond milk
8 oz. vegan cheddar shreds
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 cups corned beef, cooked and diced
4 slices bread
1 box baby shell noodles
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Butter the bread slices. Season with salt and pepper. Cut each slice into quarters. Place on cookie sheet. Cook for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. In a small pot, bring water to a boil and cook pasta shells according to package instructions.
4. In a large skillet over medium to high heat, heat buttery spread. Add diced onion, Sauté for 5-7 minutes until onion is translucent.
5. Add 1 tbsp. buttery spread and 1 tbsp. flour to large skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add 2 cups almond milk. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes until mixture thickens.
7. Add vegan cheddar shreds, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
8. Dain pasta and return to pot. Pour cheese sauce over pasta and mix until combined. Transfer cheesy noodles to a 9x13 baking dish.
9. Meanwhile, dice cooked corn beef and add to baking dish. Mix until well combined.
10. Break up bread into breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
11. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.