Cookies N Cream Cake
Dairy-Free, Peanut-Free, Shellfish-Free, Fish-Free
This Cookies 'N Cream Cake is made up of layers of cookies 'n creme cake and frosting topped with extra cookies!
- Cake Ingredients
1 1/2 sticks, unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs or equivalent
4 tsp. vanilla
3 cups cake flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup almond milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla
1/4 cup crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare two 8 inch cake pans by cutting a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom and edges. Cut off the portion that is bulky and extends above the pan.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined.
4. In another bowl, combine almond milk and vegetable oil. Whisk until combined.
5. In the bowl of your mixer, beat the unsalted, allowed margarine until smooth. Slowly add in the sugar and mix for 3-5 minutes until it is fluffy. Add in the eggs or egg equivalent. Mix until combined. Add vanilla and mix further.
6. Slowly begin to add the flour and almond milk mixture to the mixer. Add 1/4 flour mixture, 1/3 milk mixture, 1/4 flour mixture, 1/3 milk mixture, 1/4 flour mixture, 1/3 milk mixture, and 1/4 flour mixture. Mix until combined on low. Do not over mix.
7. Gently fold in the crushed cookies into the batter.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared pans and smooth the top as needed.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center and make sure it comes out clean. Let the cakes cool in the pans.
10. For the "buttercream", cream the unsalted butter until smooth, Slowly add in powdered sugar until blended. Add vanilla. Continue mixing on medium speed for 3-5 minutes. Gently fold in crushed cookies.
10. Carefully turn one of the cakes onto a plate. Spread "buttercream" in the center. Carefully turn the other cake and place on top of filling.
11. Frost the cake. Decorate as desired and top with leftover cookies.