Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Just imagine waking up to the smell of freshly baked cinnamon rolls. Hurry, before they are all gone! These homemade cinnamon rolls have a flaky crust with a cinnamon-sugar filling inside and the icing on top.
3 tbsp. vegan buttery spread
1 packet instant yeast
1 cup almond milk
1 tbsp. granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
3 cups flour
3 tbsp. vegan buttery spread, melted
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2-1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tbsp. almond milk
1. For the dough, add almond milk and vegan buttery spread to measuring cup. To warm, microwave in 30 seconds intervals until warm and melted but never boil. Remove from heat and let cool to 110 degrees.
2. Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add yeast and let it rest so the yeast can activate. Add sugar and salt. Stir to combine. Slowly add in flour (about a 1/2 cup at a time). Continue to stir as you add the flour. The dough will become sticky. Once it is too thick to continue to stir, transfer to a floured surface, It is okay if you did not add all 3 cups of flour.
3. Knead the dough on the floured surface. Rinse your mixing bowl and coat with olive oil. Place dough in mixing bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place somewhere warm and let the dough rise for 1 hour. It will double in size.
4. For the filling, combine melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Once the dough doubled in size, roll out the dough into a think rectangle (no thicker than 1/4 inch). Brush filling over dough.
7. Starting on one side, roll the dough tightly up with the seam side down. Then, butter your knife and cut the dough into 1-1.5 inch sections. Place rolls in a buttered baking dish.
6. Brush the top of the rolls with melted vegan buttery spread.
7. Bake the rolls for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. While the cinnamon rolls cool, make the icing by combing powdered sugar and almond milk. Stir until combined.
8. Drizzle the icing and serve!