Chocolate Mint Cookies
Dairy-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Chocolate Mint Cookies are a tasty combination of a chewy chocolate cookie covered in a mint frosting. The perfect holiday cookie!
- Cookie Ingredients
1 cup vegan buttery spread, softened
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 oz. vegan mini chocolate chips, melted
1 egg or equivalent
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup vegan buttery spread, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp. almond milk
1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
Green food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar. Add the chocolate, egg, and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Combine in the dry ingredients. Slowly, add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
4. Shape into a 2-in diameter roll. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
5. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/8 inch slices. Place 2 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
6. Bake for 7-8 minutes.
7. Remove to wire racks to cool.
8. In a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients. Frost cookies.
9. Store in airtight containers.