Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Gluten-Free
Inspired by Chipotle Mexican Grill, this copycat Chipotle Steak is the perfect addition to your Chipotle Burrito Bar.
- ½ medium red onion, coarsely chopped
3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
3 tbsp. adobe sauce & peppers
2 tbsp. chile powder
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. dried oregano
Salt & pepper
4-6 lbs. steak (round or flat)
1. In a food processor, combine red onion, garlic cloves, adobe sauce and peppers, chili powder, olive oil, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
2. Transfer marinade to measuring cup. Add about 1/4 cup water so that you have 1 cup of marinade.
3. In a shallow bowl or plastic bag, add the steak and marinade. Toss to evenly coat the steak. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
4. In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil. Add the steak and cook 3-4 minutes per side. Cook until steak is done and has charred finish.
5. Place the cooked steak on a cutting board and cover it with foil. Let it rest for 10 minutes. Once it is cool enough to handle, dice or slice the chicken.