Chipotle Corn Salsa Recipe
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Inspired by Chipotle Mexican Grill, this copycat Chipotle corn salsa is a combination of red onion, corn, jalapeno peppers, and poblano peppers with a hint of spice. It is a great addition to make your own chipotle at home night and also goes great as an appetizer!
- 6 corn on the cob, shucked
1 small red onion
2 jalapeno peppers
1/2 poblano pepper
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
Salt & pepper
1. To quickly cook the corn, wrap each corn cob in one sheet paper towel. Microwave for 2-3 minutes. Carefully remove from microwave so you are not burned by the steam. Let the corn cool then cut off the cob. Place corn in a large bowl.
2. Dice the red onion. Add red onion to corn. Chop the cilantro. Add to corn salsa.
3. Put on gloves before dicing the peppers. Add the diced peppers to the bowl. Thoroughly wash cutting board surface.
4. Add lime and lemon juice to corn salsa. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve with tortilla chips.