Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Gluten-Free
Inspired by Chipotle Mexican Grill, Chipotle Chicken is moist, pull apart chicken with a little more than a hint of spice. In addition to the other Chipotle sides, a Chipotle burrito bar just might give taco Tuesdays a run for their money!
- ½ medium red onion, coarsely chopped
3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
3 tbsp. adobe sauce & peppers
2 tbsp. chile powder
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. dried oregano
Salt & pepper
6-8 boneless chicken thighs
1. In a food processor, combine red onion, garlic cloves, adobe sauce and peppers, chili powder, olive oil, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
2. Transfer marinade to measuring cup. Add about 1/4 cup water so that you have 1 cup of marinade.
3. In a shallow bowl or plastic bag, add the chicken thighs and marinade. Toss to evenly coat the chicken,. Marinade in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
4. In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil. Add the chicken and cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Flip the chicken every 5-8 minutes.
5. Place the cooked chicken on a cutting board and cover it with foil. Let it rest for 10 minutes. Once it is cool enough to handle, dice or slice the chicken.