Chili Mac N Cheese
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
1 hour 30 Minutes
Chili, meet Mac N Cheese. Mac N Cheese, meet Chili. Together, you will be the perfect cold weather comfort food.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz. ground beef
8 oz. steak (tenderloin, rib eye, etc.)
1 cup diced tomatoes
2 cans chili beans
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 ½ tsp. cumin
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
10 oz. elbow macaroni
1 bag vegan shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup allowed milk
1. In a large skillet, cook the ground beef. Once it's done, drain the grease and transfer the ground beef to a large 5-qt pot.
2. In the the same skillet, cook the steak over medium high heat for 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan, let cool, and dice into bite size pieces. Add the steak to the pot.
3. In the same skillet, heat the 1 tbsp. olive oil. Sauté the onion for 5 minutes or so. Add the minced garlic and sauté for another 1-2 minutes. Add sautéed onion and garlic to pot.
4. Add the diced tomatoes, chili beans, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring to boil then cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes or so.
4. Meanwhile, cook the elbow macaroni according to package instructions to al dente.
5. Once the chili is done, transfer it to a large bowl and set aside. Add the almond milk and vegan cheddar cheese to the pan. Cook on low until it starts to melt. Add in the macaroni and chili. Use as much chili as you like (worst case scenario you have a little extra). Stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes until heated through.
6. Serve with extra vegan cheddar cheese and diced jalapenos.