Chili Cheese Hotdog Bake
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
A fun, kid-friendly variation to the traditional hot dog. The Chili Cheese Hotdog Bake has a garlic-butter hotdog base topped with hotdogs, chili, vegan cheddar cheese, and parsley.
- 8 hot dog buns
3 tbsp. vegan buttery spread, melted
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
8 oz. vegan cheddar shreds
1 1/2 cups chili
8 hot dogs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Place the 8 hot dog buns in baking dish leaving the seams connected. Carefully, cut a rectangle in the center of each bun leaving about 1 centimeter from the edges. Then, push down the inside cut-out portion of the bun.
3. Combine the melted buttery spread, garlic powder, and parsley in a small dish. Baste on to hot dog buns.
4. Bake the buns for 5 minutes to toast the buns. Remove from oven and continue the prep.
5. Add some vegan shredded cheese shreds to the bun then spoon a little bit of chili on top. Place the hot dog bun on top then top with more chili and extra vegan cheddar shreds.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is golden brown.
7. Top with fresh parsley and slice the hot dogs boats along their seams.