Chili Cheese Burrito
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Inspired by Taco Bell, The Chili Cheese Burrito is a delicious, spicy meal that will leave you craving more! Seriously though...I advise you to pace yourself with how accurately delicious this recipe is.
- 1/2 can refried beans
2 lbs. ground beef
1 bag Daiya shredded cheddar shreds
6 oz. tomato paste
3 cups water
1 tbsp. cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. minced dried onions
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. white vinegar
3 tbsp. jalapeno slices, diced
10-20 tortillas (depending on size)
1. Cook the beef in a pan.
2. Meanwhile, combine tomato paste and water in a sauce pan. Mix until well blended. Add cayenne pepper, chili powder, dried onion, salt, cornstarch, vinegar, and diced jalapenos.
3. Bring sauce to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes. Then put on simmer.
4. Once beef is cooked, drain the grease. Add the refried beans to beef and mix until combined.
5. Reserve about a 1/2 cup of the sauce to drizzle later. Combine remaining sauce with beef mixture.
6. Add half the bag of cheese to the chili beef mixture. Cook on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring very often. Then, let it simmer more 30 minutes.
7. To serve, place 1/2 to 3/4 cup of chili cheese mixture in tortilla. Add cheese. Drizzle with extra sauce.
8. Wrap up the tortilla. Microwave tortilla for 30-45 seconds until cheese is melted. Enjoy!