Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Shellfish-Free, Fish-Free, Nut-Free, Low Carb, Low Fat, Diabetic, Low Sodium
Our classic chicken salad is made with celery, onions, chicken, Italian Dressing, and vegan cream cheese. Great for picnics, camping, and on-the-go eating.
- 2 lbs. chicken, cooked and shredded
1 small white onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1/4 cup+ creamy Italian dressing (Dairy-free)
4 oz. vegan cream cheese
Salt, pepper to taste.
1. Cook the chicken. I like to cook the chicken in water in a covered sauce pan to preserve the moisture. Once cooked through, remove from heat, let cool, and then shred.
2. While the chicken is cooking, dice the celery and white onion.
3. Combine the onion, celery, and chicken in a medium bowl. To start, add in 1/4 cup dairy-free dressing and 4 oz. vegan cream cheese. Stir to combine. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
4. If you need a little more moisture, add little more dairy-free dressing and vegan cream cheese. This recipe is really to taste. Grab a few pita chips, taste-test along the way, and add more seasoning as needed.
5. To serve, I use allowed pita chips and use it as a dip, make a grilled sandwich with the chicken salad inside, etc.