Chicken Pesto Pasta
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Is your garden over producing basil? We may not have a fix for you, but we sure do have a good use! Chicken Pesto Pasta consists of pasta and diced chicken tossed in a mouthwatering pesto sauce. Our pesto consists of fresh basil, vegan Parmesan, olive oil, pine nuts, garlic cloves, salt, and pepper.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup vegan Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup pine nuts
3 garlic cloves. minced
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 package penne
1 lb. chicken, cooked and diced
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions
2. Meanwhile, add basil and pine nuts to food processor. Pulse several times. Add garlic and cheese. Pulse several more times. Slowly add in olive oil. Pulse several more times. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse several more times.
3. In a large skillet, combine cooked noodles, cooked chicken, and pesto. Toss to coat. Heat until pasta and chicken are warm.
4. Serve and top with extra Parmesan.