Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free, Low Fat
A classic that has been tweaked in all the right places, this Chicken Parmesan recipe just might take the top spot for the tastiest version out there.
- 8 chicken thighs
1 1/2 cup flour
Salt & pepper
½ tsp. garlic powder
1 cup almond milk
1 cup Italian Style Panko breadcrumbs
2/3 cup vegan Parmesan cheese
½ cup vegetable oil
1 jar marinara sauce, 24 oz
8 oz. vegan Mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp. parsley
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees and heat oil in a skillet. Oil should be about 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, garlic, salt, & pepper
3. In a second bowl, place almond milk.
4. In a third bowl, combine breadcrumbs and 1/3 cup vegan Parmesan cheese.
5. Bread chicken - coat chicken in flour seasoning, then cover in almond milk, and coat with bread crumb mixture.
6. Fry chicken in oil for about 6 minutes per side until golden brown. Place on cookie sheet in oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining chicken.
7. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.
8. Top breaded chicken with a spoonful of your favorite Marinara or tomato sauce and top with shredded vegan mozzarella cheese.
9. Cook chicken for 15 minutes until cheese is melted. Top with 1/2 cup vegan Parmesan cheese and cook for another 5 minutes until chicken is cooked completely through.
10. Serve chicken over pasta. Top with extra sauce, vegan Parmesan, and parsley.