Chicken Fried Rice
Dairy-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Chicken Fried Rice is a combination of chicken, rice, peas, carrots, long-grain rice, and egg mixed together. This homemade version is better than the classic Chinese takeout side dish.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. soy sauce or liquid amino acids
1-2 lbs. chicken thighs
3 cups long-grain rice, cooked
2 tbsp. sesame oil
1 white onion, diced
2-3 carrots, diced
3/4 cup frozen peas
3 eggs lightly beaten
Sliced green onions
1. In a large skillet, add olive oil and soy sauce. Cook chicken until cooked through. Remove from heat. Let cool then dice into bite size pieces.
2. In the same skillet, add sesame oil. Add diced carrots and onion. Cook until tender. Add frozen peas and cook for a few more minutes.
3. Slide the vegetables to one side of the pan. Add the beaten eggs to the other side. Scramble the eggs. Once eggs are cooked, combine with veggies.
4. Add the cooked rice and chicken to the vegetable mixture. Add soy sauce. Mix to combine. Stir and fry until heated through.
5. Serve and top with sliced green onions.