Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Dairy-free Chicken Alfredo with bacon is a deliciously creamy dish and a definite date night go-to!
- 8 oz. fettuccine
1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
1 tsp. salt
1/3 tsp. pepper
2 tbsp. olive oil
4 tbsp. vegan buttery spread
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp. flour
2 cups almond milk
½ cup vegan Parmesan cheese
1 lb. bacon, cooked & crumbled
1. Make noodles according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of cooking water.
2. Dice the chicken into 1 inch pieces or 2 inch strips. Season with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
3. Heat olive oil in skillet. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes, flip, and cook for another 5 minutes until both sides are golden brown. Once cooked through, remove from pan and set aside.
4. Heat 2 tbsp. vegan buttery spread in pan. Add garlic. Sauté for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant. Add in 2 tbsp. flour and another 2 tbsp. vegan buttery spread. Cook for 1 minute until flour starts to brown.
5. Slowly add the almond milk, stir constantly to combine. Add in vegan Parmesan cheese and combine. Toss in chicken. Cook for 5 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken.
6. Serve chicken Alfredo over pasta. And of course, top with extra bacon and more vegan Parmesan cheese!