Chicken Alfredo Pizza with Bacon
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Chicken Alfredo Pizza consists of homemade pizza crust covered in a butter-herb glaze top with homemade alfredo sauce, shredded chicken, mozzarella cheese, green onions, and of course bacon! This versatile pizza can be served as a main course or as an appetizer. Leftovers are perfect for lunch!
- Pizza Ingredients
1 lb. chicken breast, cooked and diced
¼ tsp. dried thyme
¼ tsp. poultry seasoning
1 cup spinach, diced
1 to 1½ cup Daiya mozzarella
1 lb. bacon (cooked and crumbled)
2-3 green onion, sliced
3 tbsp. vegan buttery spread
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small onion, diced
½ tsp. Italian seasoning
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
Pinch of salt
4 tbsp. vegan buttery spread
4 tbsp. flour
1 cup allowed milk
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
¾ cup vegan Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Make pizza dough.
3. To make garlic butter, melt vegan buttery spread over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Add Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and remove from heat.
4. To make sauce, melt butter in a medium pan. Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually, whisk in allowed milk. Let cook for about 2 minutes. Mixture will thicken. Stir in salt, pepper, and vegan Parmesan cheese. Remove from heat.
5. Divide pizza dough in 2 pieces. Roll or stretch dough to fit cookie sheet.
6. Spread half of the garlic butter over each pizza dough. Cover with half the sauce.
7. Sprinkle chicken. Add thyme and poultry seasoning. Top with spinach leaves, green onions, and mozzarella. Top with bacon.
8. Cook for 20-30 minutes until crust is golden brown. You can always add extra Parmesan and cook for another 5 minutes to melt the cheese.