Chicken Alfredo Manicotti
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Chicken Alfredo Manicotti is a hearty, delicious meal with manicotti noodles stuffed with chicken, alfredo sauce, mozzarella cheese, and the optional bacon or broccoli.
- 2 lbs. chicken
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 white onion, diced
3 garlic cloves. minced
2 tbsp. buttery spread
2 tbsp. flour
2 cups almond milk
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
4 oz vegan Parmesan,
8 oz. vegan Mozzarella
1 box Manicotti noodles
1/2 lb. cooked bacon or 1 head of broccoli (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add manicotti and cook for 2 minutes less than the package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper then add to pan. Cook chicken until cooked through. Remove from heat, set aside, and let cool.
4. In the same pan, add diced onion. Sauté until translucent. Add minced garlic and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
5. Add 2 tbsp. flour and buttery spread to the pan. Create a roux and cook for another 2 minutes until it start to turn golden brown. Add two cups almond milk, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens. Turn off heat and add vegan Parmesan cheese. Remove 1/2 cup of sauce and set aside.
6. Shred the chicken. Add shredded chicken to large bowl or pot. Add the alfredo sauce and vegan Mozzarella. Add the optional bacon or diced broccoli. Stir to combine.
7. Spread some of the reserved sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Use the mixture to stuff the manicotti and place in baking dish. Drizzle any of the remaining reserved sauce over the noodles.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and top with extra vegan Parmesan. Return to oven for 5 minutes.
9. Serve with fresh parsley