Chicken Bacon Alfredo Lasagna
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
The Chicken Bacon Alfredo Lasagna is one of our favorite comfort foods. It's a protein-packed, fun twist on chicken alfredo. Plus, bacon makes everything better!
- 3-4 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
4 tsp. salt
4 tsp. pepper
4 tsp. garlic powder
4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium onion
2 cups almond milk
2 tbsp. vegan buttery spread or sticks
2 tbsp. flour
½ cup vegan Parmesan cheese
1 cup fresh parsley
1 box lasagna noodles
2 cups vegan mozzarella cheese
1 lb. bacon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Make lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Once noodles are done, line them up on a cutting board or clean surface. Laying the noodles out helps prevent sticking.
3. Slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
4. Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in large skillet. Then sear the chicken for 1-2 minutes per side. Once seared, remove from heat and let cool. Continue until all the chicken is seared.
5. Use the same pan with the remaining oil to cook the onions and garlic until they start to brown.
6. Add flour and 2 tbsp. vegan buttery spread. Cook for 2 minutes until flour has started to brown. Add almond milk in slowly, about ½ cup at a time while continuing to stir.
7. Once cream is mixed, bring to a slow boil and let it start to thicken. Then, mix in vegan Parmesan cheese. Once well combined, remove from heat.
8. In a 9x13 glass dish, spread about 1/ 4 of the cream mixture on bottom of dish. Then lay enough lasagna noodles to cover the sauce.
9. Top lasagna noodles with ¼ cup of sauce. Layer chicken breasts to cover sauce. Sprinkle about 1 cup mozzarella sauce, followed by 1/3 lb. bacon and 1/3 cup parsley.
10. Repeat layer - lasagna noodles, sauce, chicken, mozzarella, bacon, & parsley.
11. Top with final layer of lasagna noodles. Top with last ¼ cup of sauce and top with additional cheese, bacon, and parsley.
12. Bake for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through and cheese is golden brown. If you’d like extra vegan Parmesan cheese, remove lasagna from oven 10 minutes before its done cooking and add some extra Parmesan.
13. Cool for 10 minutes and then serve.
*** I recommend using pie or cake pans.