Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free
Cheeseburger soup is a tasty, creamy, and cheesy soup with ground beef, carrots, celery, onion, potatoes, and shredded cheddar cheese. Highly suggest topping it with bacon!
- 1-2 lbs. ground beef
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 cup onion, diced
1 cup carrots, diced
1 cup celery, diced
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. parsley
4 tbsp. vegan buttery spread
1/4 cup flour
2 cups almond milk
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
4 cups beef broth
4 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
2 cups vegan shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 to 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. Heat a large skillet to medium to high heat. Cook the ground beef until almost done. Add Worcestershire sauce and stir to combine. Transfer the cooked beef to a large 6 quart soup pot.
2. In the same skillet, add 1 tbsp. vegan buttery spread. Add onion, carrots, and celery. Cook for 7 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Add flour and vegan buttery spread to vegetables. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add in almond milk. Stir to combine - should be a thick sauce. Transfer to large 6 quart soup pot.
4. Add basil, parsley, beef broth, salt and pepper to large soup pot. Stir to combine. Bring to boil.
5. Once boiling, add diced potatoes and cook for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
6. Stir in cheese. Cook for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
7. Serve with crispy bacon!