Carrots, Squash, & Zucchini Medley
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
This Carrot, Zucchini, and Squash Medley is our classic go-to side dish for steak dinners. The Carrot, Zucchini, and Squash Medley consists of zucchini, yellow summer squash, carrots, and red onion seasoned with garlic, salt, and pepper.
- 2 zucchini, halved then sliced
2 yellow squash, halved then sliced
3 carrots, halved then sliced
1 red onion
Garlic powder, salt, & pepper to taste
1. Heat a cast iron or medium skillet over medium heat. We recommend cooking the vegetables in batches - one vegetable type at a time.
2. For the zucchini and squash, add 1 tsp. buttery spread and 1 tsp. olive oil, add a single layer of a vegetables, cook for 1 minute, flip, and cook for another 1 minute. Remove from heat and transfer to bowl.
3. For the carrots and red onion, add 1 tsp. buttery spread and 1 tsp. olive oil, add a single layer of the vegetables, cook for 1-2 minutes, flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to bowl.
4. Once all the vegetables have been sautéed, transfer the vegetables back to the skillet. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Serve as a side.