Carne Asada Breakfast Burritos
Dairy-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Shellfish-Free, Fish-Free
What can you do with leftover carne asada? Make Carne Asada Breakfast Burritos of course! These tasty burritos consist of carne asada, pico de gallo, seasoned potatoes, scrambled eggs, and vegan Mexican cheese wrapped in a tortilla. The best part is that you can enjoy it immediately or freeze it for later!
- Carne Asada
1-2 lbs. skirt steak
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. lime juice (freshly squeezed)
2 tbsp. olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. oregano
Pico de Gallo
1 small red onion, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
1-pint cherry tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup lime juice
1/2 tsp. salt
2-3 small to medium potatoes
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tbsp. vegan buttery spread
2-3 eggs, scambled
Vegan Mexican Cheese or Cheddar Jack
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. For the marinade, combine soy sauce, lime juice, olive oil, minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, and oregano in a small bowl. Mix to combine.
3. In baking dish or zip lock bag, lay the skirt steak flat and cover in marinade. Let it marinade for 1-3 hours. Turning occasionally.
4. Dice the potatoes and place in medium bowl. Add olive oil and seasonings. Toss to coat. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast in oven for 20 minutes, flip, and roast for another 10-20 minutes.
5. Heat a medium-to-large skillet with 1 tbsp. buttery spread. Whisk egg and add to pan. Cook and scramble until eggs are cooked.
6. In a cast iron skillet, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil. Add the steak and marinade. Cook for 3-4 minutes, flip, and cook for another 3-4 minutes depending on how thick the steak is. Once cooked to your desired doneness, remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Dice the steak.
7. For the Pico de Gallo, combine diced onion, jalapeno, lime juice, and salt. Let marinate while you chop the tomatoes and cilantro. Stir to combine. Set aside and let it continue to marinate.
8. To assemble the burritos, combined diced steak, roasted potatoes, scrambled eggs, vegan cheese slices, and Pico de Gallo. Roll the burrito up.
9. If you are eating the burritos right away, roll, secure with toothpick, and place on cookie sheet to warm. Cook at 400 degrees for 6 minutes until cheese is melted.
10. 9. Alternatively, if its meal prep, then roll the burrito and wrap in foil. You can store in the fridge for up to 3 days or freezer for 3 months. After removing burrito from freezer, defrost and then cook for 10-15 minutes in the oven at 400 degrees.