Caramelized Onion Bacon Flatbread
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
A delicious appetizer for your next party, the Caramelized Onion Bacon Flatbread brings some serious flavor to the table. Flatbread topped with caramelized onions and garlic, tomatoes, bacon, mozzarella, and fresh basil.
- 8 slices thick-sliced peppered bacon
4 cups thinly sliced sweet onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsps. vegan buttery spread
1 can refrigerated thin pizza crust
1 pint tomatoes, diced
2 cups vegan mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup vegan Parmesan cheese
¼ cup thinly sliced basil leaves
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Spread out a 1/2 lb. of peppered bacon. Cook for 10 minutes, flip, and cook for another 10 minutes. Remove and let cool on paper towel to drain grease. Repeat with other 1/2 lb. of bacon.
3. Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp. vegan buttery spread in skillet. Cook onions and garlic in buttery spread over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently or until onions are golden brown.
4. Spray aluminum foil lined cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Unroll pizza crust and press to edges of the pan. Bake for 7 minutes.
5. Top pizza crust with onion mixture, diced tomatoes, vegan mozzarella, and vegan Parmesan cheese. Top with bacon.
6. Bake 7-11 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
7. Remove from oven and top with basil.