Butterscotch Gingerbread Cookies
Dairy-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
One of our go-to Christmas cookie recipes! Why have gingerbread cookies when you can have butterscotch gingerbread cookies? The butterscotch pudding adds a whole new dimension to these cookies.
- Cookie Ingredients
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups flour
2 packages butterscotch pudding mix
3 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3-6 tsp. water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and mix to combine.
3. Combine flour, pudding mixes, ginger, baking powder, and cinnamon in another bowl. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix well.
4. Roll dough into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to be 1/4 inch thick. Cut with cookie cutters.
6. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake for 6-8 minutes. Let cool on wire racks.
8. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Add 1 tsp. water at a time until desired consistency is reached. Dye with food coloring and drizzle over cooled cookies. Let the cookies dry for a few hours and/or overnight.