Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
Bruschetta is a classic Italian appetizer consisting of bread topped with a tomato mixture. This bruschetta variation consists of crunchy ciabatta bread topped with olive oil, tomato and onion mixture, and vegan parmesan cheese.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, diced
1 small white onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp. fresh basil or 1 tsp. basil
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1 baguette or ciabatta loaf, sliced 1/4 inch thick
Vegan Parmesan Cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine the diced tomatoes, diced onion, minced garlic cloves, and basil in a small bowl. Drizzle olive oil and mix to combine.
3. For more traditional bruschetta, brush bread with olive oil and place on large baking sheet. Toast until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and top with tomato mixture.
4. Alternatively, for warm bruschetta, brush bread with olive oil. Top with tomato mixture then vegan Parmesan cheese. Cook for 10 minutes until golden brown.